Connect to Highwind XI
FFXI Client Installer
After downloading, please read the included README file or use the installation guide here.
- Extract the Highwind_XI_Installer.rar folder to a location of your choice. Desktop is easiest.
- Run the Installer.exe application.
- Be sure to allow it the time it needs to install. Do not cancel or try to hurry anything. It's a large installation.
- During installation, it will ask you to choose the Install Location. We recommend you choose the default location if you are unsure.
- After the installation has completed, navigate to the PlayOnline folder. If you didn't change the default installation, it would be located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline"
- Delete the Ashita folder located in this directory.
- Copy the Ashita folder from the Highwind_XI_Installer folder you extracted into this directory that you deleted the Ashita folder from. If asked for permission, answer Yes.
- Open this Ashita folder, right click Ashita.exe, highlight "Send to" and choose "Desktop (create shortcut)"
- Delete the "Play on Eden" icon from your Desktop.
- Open the Ashita application from your Desktop
- Click the Play button next to Highwind XI and follow the remaining steps to connect to Highwind XI.
- Have fun!!!